Breakfast Wrap Hack
In episode 5 we put our spin on the trending #wraphack that has taken TikTok and Instagram by storm. Mark puts his spin on the trending recipe by making it perfect for a lazy breakfast.
What is the #wraphack?
The inventor of the #wraphack was @ellcarter1 on TikTok and it has now taken the world by storm. It is mega trending and there have been hundreds of thousands of variations on the original wrap hacks popping up over the last few weeks!
If you haven’t seen it, the wrap hack is basically a clever way of folding a tortilla wrap for a quick and easy snack.
To do the “hack” you make a cut from the middle of the your tortilla wrap down to the edge of the tortilla. You then fill each quarter with the fillings of your choice, then fold it all up into a neat wedge.
It’s easy to hold, minimises the wrap breaking or any fillings spilling out. It really is genius.
How to do the wrap hack – video
Start your day the right way with Mark’s breakfast wrap hack.
- olive oil for cooking
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 1 handfulls spinach chopped
- 1 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tortilla wrap
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese grated
First prep your fillings
- Pan fry your bacon on a high heat until crispy. Place on to kitchen roll to remove any excess fat and leave to rest while you cook the rest of the fillings.
- In the same pan, saute the sliced mushrooms adding a little extra oil if needed. Cook them until they are browned all over and any liquid has evaporated. Again, place these to one side until ready to assemble.
- Next add the chopped spinach to the pan and saute until just wilted. Place this to one side too.
- Finally, whisk your eggs. Add the butter to the pan, pour in the eggs and gently scramble until just set. Season with salt and pepper.
Assemble your wrap
- Make a cute from the centre of your tortilla wrap to the bottom edge.
- Add a portion of the filling to each quarter of the wrap, topping the scrambled eggs with the grated cheese.
- Carefully fold over each quarter, starting with the bottom left hand corner and working clockwise until it has formed a wedge.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and place on a medium heat. Place the wrap wedge into the pan and cook gently on each side for 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is starting to colour.
About the author
This recipe was created by Mark.
Mark is a personal trainer and qualified nutritionist. He loves coming up with delicious recipes that won’t leave you feeling hungry!